Rosalie B.

Harlan Lachman wrote:

In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

And of course in a small power
boat, one could get all the way up the Potomac to D.C.

How small. Ours is just under 25 feet.

When I made that statement I was thinking of your boat. The size of
the boat isn't really relevant except that some power boats have a lot
of superstructure (although not as much as a sailboat mast usually).
It's the power boat part that is important.

A sailboat with a mast taller than 50 feet has to get the I95 bridge
(Woodrow Wilson Bridge) to open, and they need 24 - 48 hours notice
and only open at 3 am or something like that. A power boat is going
to be able to get under that bridge easily at a reasonable time.

And you might even be able to get under the 14th St. bridge or
whatever is upstream of the WWB. I'm not sure how far up the river is
navigable though. At some point past Georgetown it becomes a white
water area.

There's a restaurant cruise boat that goes under the 14 foot arches
from Old Town Alexandria past the airport to Georgetown. I'd have a
marina reservation for DC though.

grandma Rosalie