Garland Gray II

I've wondered about the status of the plant(s) myself. I didn't see the
thick black smoke that warned you to anchor on the other side, but I have
seen menhaden ships on the bay.
Can't say I remember there being a lacking of trees. I think I would have
noticed

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
The only problem is to figure out which way the wind is blowing
so as to be upwind of the menhaden plant.

when I was there by car two years ago the plant seemed to be abandoned.

you can drive to someplace to have
breakfast

when I drove there, the only place to get something to eat was at the gas
station, or the tablecloth restaurant that closed at 8:00 at night. We

were
able to buy candy bars from a box in the lobby of the motel we stayed in.

like DeSmet (which I've never heard of).

Laura Ingalls Wilder once lived there. The town has two trees, one of

which
they built a park around.