-v-

Default Sounders

"Grumpy" wrote in message
u...
Both units I am looking at are in the same price range. I seem to be being
pushed to the Matrix, but I am not sure if it's because the guys get

better
margins.

I have a Matrix 15 with transom mount transducer. Nice unit and reads the
bottom well even running at 35 knots on my 22' ob boat.

I bought the optional GPS module direct from Humminbird for $100. The first
two thaey sent me died within a couple of weeks. Number 3 is working ok. If
you get the GPS mount the antenna on one of those stubby threaded mounts
($10 at West Marine). That seemed to help.

I would also look at the Furuno LS 4100 now.