Captain Jack

[posted and mailed]

"caperman" wrote in
lkaboutboats.com:

I am building a 115hp Murcury Outboard the stripes are silver and red
and says oil injected. I was curious what year this motor is. Does
this powerhead have the boost ports in this year. I have two other
motors. One motor is on my boat 1984 90 hp brown stripe runs but has
90 psi compression across the cylinders. and I have a good Mariner 115
hp powerhead with 145psi across the cylinders and 115 hp carbs which I
was going to drop on the 90hp lowerunit. Is the lower unit have a
different exhaust chamber or will the 115 hp powerhead work fine with
the 90hp lower unit. If there is any one out there to give me some
advice I'ld appreciate it. I have not been able to find much on
porting and performance tips online.
I have been building two stroke and four stroke race engines for
motorcycles for 30 years. This is a fun new direction. I had a blast
this summer with an 18'Chris Craft Caper with the tired 90hp. Know its
time to freshen things up to make it realy fly.
Thanks,
caperman

You're on the wrong newsgroup for an Inline Six question.

There is a newsgroup totally dedicated to inline 6's care and feeding:

The NNTP server is: news.kraits.org and the newsgroup is:

bigweek.mercury-inlines

In Outlook Express use: tools/accounts/add/news and then follow the
prompts to join us there!

The Cap'n