Brian Nystrom

Dick Robertson wrote:
I'm building a plywood (4mm Okume) kayak. I'd like to cover it with a
fabric; Dynel, polypropylene, or Xynole Polyester. I have the Defender
catalog but can't tell from the descriptions of these fabrics which
would be the best solution. I need a small amount so cost is not a
consideration. I'm using West epoxy. Any suggestions???

Why are you considering these fabrics as opposed to fiberglass? Dynel is
very abrasion resistant, but that's it's major claim to fame. I have no
experience with the other fabrics, other than that I know they will not
wet out clear like fiberglass does.