RussPK

I am running an IPAQ 3635 with a Navman 3420 GPS sleeve and Fugawi with BSB
charts as well as ENC charts.Works very well more sunlight better viewing..
Is not water proof but woks in a plastic sleeve.I also have an IPAQ 3955
with a Navman 3450 GPS sleeve running Mem-Map Navigator with BSB
charts.Works great as it also has provisions for an external antenna.Fugawi
also runs great on this combo.The 3955 is better as it has more internal
memory and is 400 mhz.But for boating they are equal.
Regards Russ

"Windjammer" wrote in message
I have been messing about with a laptop and an Ipaq 3670 with Fugawi along
with an old Magellan 3000 GPS. It works, but it is really clunky and then
there are all the cables that lie around.

I think that I want to buy some sort of integrating charting/GPS
combination. I have resisted this because of the high cost of the Garmin
&
other charts.

Is there a solution that I could mount at the steering pedestal on a
sailboat that can use both purchased and free(enc) charts? This could be a
chart plotter, a PDA or even an addition to my existing older PDA.