del cecchi

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Undies in a knot tonight Chuck? Chill.

Not at all. The man of a thousand screen names presumed to declare

what the
item *really* was, and why it was written.
He was wrong on both counts, wrong about the way the business works,

and wrong
to run his mouth about a subject where he is so clearly underinformed.

As an engineer, I found the article interesting but a little light on
details as has been noted by others. It did have hints of a penumbra of
an emanation of the kind of article Motor Trend was famous for. Do you
recall the raves for the Vega and the wonderful new engine process in
which the bores were anodized which was said to be far superior to using
liners? Popular Science was another magazine given to that sort of
article. I will not venture a guess as to the motivation of the authors
and editors. I doubt, except perhaps for motor trend, that it was so
crass as a straight money for editorial transaction.

Providing all the bloody details, especially if independently arrived
at, is way more work that one person can handle.

del cecchi