Jelle

Morgan Ohlson wrote:
[...]
Yes, in the department I worked everybody, except for adminstrators worked
with some kind of composites. At that time we didn't work with for
instance Spectra, but that I did later on...

Mind if I ask what your age is? Spectra/kevlar/aramide etc have been around
for about 10 ? years and you are a former aircraft engineer (saab?)... =

Perhaps could understand that there is basicly no difference at all in
building a graphite mast or a GRP mast...

sure. but the site you mentioned was not detailing a very good grp mast was
it?

Basicly there are no difference between vacuume or non-vacuum processes
either.... only the resulting percentage of voids.

and the excess resin? and the shape and surface? I am not an expert, but I
can imagine these things will be much easier if you make a mold. And if you
have the mold, why not use a vacuum on it. after all, most carpenters clamp
their joints when they are glueing it, and this is 'just' glueing a bunch
of fibres together.

Morgan O.

--
vriendelijke groeten/kind regards,