Morgan Ohlson

On 14 Oct 2004 21:34:36 GMT, Stephen Baker wrote:

Morgan O says:

The
minimum CE is when M/F = 1

Actually, geometrically speaking, it doesn't matter what the Main/Foretriangle
ratio is - the CE is always at 1/3 of the height of the triangle. THis works
for catboats and genoa-only boats.

Steve

Perhaps I make a misstake, but two equally high sails must make the bigghest
area AND much lower CE compared to a Cat rig

So, without checking it all that in detail I say you spread a misconception.

The CE gets LOWER with M/F=1 compared to the extreme M/F = 10/0 = eternity

Sails with the same aspect ratio understould.

Morgan O.