Jonathan Ball

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

Harry Krause wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:

Paul Schilter wrote:

Steve,
I understand your point and you're right, clothes and electronics are
very hard to buy American.

Why would it be important to do so?
Nativist/protectionist sentiment is a bad thing.

You don't think it important to have manufacturing capabilities?

No. Switzerland doesn't manufacture cars, aircraft,
ships, consumer electronics, or much of anything else.
The Swiss live enviable lives and lifestyles.

You're comparing tiny Switzerland to the United States?

Yes.

Now there's a
giggle for you. Besides, nearly half of the Swiss economy is based upon
manufacturing.

No, it isn't.

You think this nation will survive when the only jobs available are at
Wal-Mart or as a software pussy?

Those won't be the only jobs. You are wrong to think
so; you demonstrate you don't know anything about
economics.

Not having much manufacturing capability doesn't seem
to be hurting the Swiss too much.

If you were able to think it through, which you plainly
are not, you would see that all jobs are service jobs.

Ahh, yes. Tour guides and keeping Nazi money safe.

Thanks for the frank admission you don't know what
you're talking about.

Thanks. Switzerland is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to
live there.

I have lived there, for a year, and I've visited
several times. It's an outstanding place.