Morgan Ohlson

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:41:59 +0200, Jelle wrote:

Morgan Ohlson wrote:

[...]

But, if making The Big effort to design and buid a dinghy I will not let
it be bad in any sense since it would be a waist of time and money.

Versatile, balanced, stable, reliable, roomy...
...wich doesn't seem to outrule a fast under waterline-body.

2 x 40kg pivoting centerboards (for low D)
water ballast
outboard well
at the weight of maximum 70Kgs (empty 17½' x 6½ hull).

...some luxeries wich naturally will slow the vesell down, but not more
then nesessary.

From the beginning I thought of some skegs wich are now outruled. Only
true foiles under WL!!!

Thos 70 kg's will not get you much boat.

**** off, please!

This kind of person is only around here to convinse me and you (other
builders) that we never should try to do any boat that wouldn't be
profitable for standard manufacturing.

The truth is that we can build boats far better compared to standard factory
modells. They blow their ****ing glass strands at random in a mould... and
talk about what is good and not. The fact is that the open camping cruiser
I'm on to would cost probably 10.000$ if built profesionally at my spec's.

I have met this kind of dooms day priests at some other forum before... and
they are only in it to bragg and to disincourage anyone trying to beat them
pro's. In one forum a person who claimed to be a pro stated that it was
impossible to build liter in GRP compared to plywood...

They have the idea that all hombuild always must look like a home built from
a kilometer or two.

Plywood is a good material, but everything else pro's like to keep for
themselves....

Arrrghhhh.....
Now I will take hot bath to relax from the pessimist salesman.

Greetings to all you serious home designers and builders.

Morgan O.
Former engineer in the aircraft industry.