Gilligan

Here's how Goldwater considered using low yield atomic weapons:

"There have been several suggestions made. Defoliation of the forests by
low-yield atomic weapons could well be done. When you remove the foliage,
you remove the cover. We might have to (take action against China). Either
that, or we have a war dragged out and dragged out. a defensive war is never
won. If we decide to go into this war in a full-scale way, certainly we
would have to make the decision on strategic supplies for the enemy at the
same time. "

He merely wanted to use them to clear away the brush to get at the
Communists. In that capacity, atomic weapons may have been much less deadly
than Agent Orange. Certainly, they would have been more cost effective.

"The bomb" is only as good as the will to use it. I applaud Mr. Goldwater
for striking fear into our enemies.

Remember Thom, the sun is an uncontrolled fusion reaction spewing its waste
products directly at earth. You have a much greater cancer risk from 8 hours
in the sun without sunscreen than livng next to Three Mile Island for 70
years.

Gilligan

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Gilly,

I thought the world of Barry but there were time when he was really
wrong ad couldn't see it.

Do you believe he was right on his willing to use "the Bomb?"