Messing In Boats

Default inflatables help

I bought a 9' Severn with the air floor from Boat/US. They aren't
handling this model any more due to their merger with West, so there are
some real bargains available on these boats. My only bitch is the lousy
oarlocks, but if you're only going to use oars in an emergency...

I would (and did) buy an older 2 stroke 4hp, 2 cylinder, 2 stroke used
Johnson/Evinrude. They only weigh 33#, are quiet and don't mind lying on
either side. They also smell bad and smoke a little. (Use that new
Pennzoil 100% Synthetic 2 stroke oil for a significant improvement in
the smoking/smell department.

The 4 strokes are much heavier and really mind it if you lie them on the
wrong side. The 27# air cooled Hondas are really noisy, but otherwise
really nice.

20# is a lot of extra weight when you're trying to put it on a dinghy
that's moving around on the water.

Capt. Jeff