Peggie Hall

LaBomba182 wrote:
Did I miss the part where he's planning to plumb his toilet to go
through the arch...???

Close, it's this part I thought you could help him with:

I went to check it out and found that the conduit is

actually Schedule 40 grey pipe.

So, my question is, would this work for the Schedule 40 pipe installations

in sanitary service,

Ah...I did miss that part. Yes, it can be used in sanitation systems,
but is only recommended for long straight runs. And it must be
"soft-coupled" to anything fixed in the system--toilet, tank, thru-hull,
y-valve, overboard discharge pump--with enough hose to provide shock
absorption and protection from cracking due to hull flexing...so unless
you have a long straight run of 10' of more (unlikely in any properly
designed system on a boat under about 60') you'd have so many unions in
the plumbing (potential leaks) that it's not worth doing.

Plumb your system with AVS96 sanitation hose (the mfr's original name
for the same hose SeaLand sold as the "OdorSafe" brand for a number of
years, now sold direct for $5/ft cut to any length), PVC fittings are ok.

--
Peggie