Lloyd Sumpter

Default 28-32' cruiser with flybridge?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:34:00 +0000, Wannacat wrote:

Hello,

We're shopping for a 28-32' cruiser and are really attracted to a flybridge
style. To our dismay, neither Sea Ray nor Chaparral make cruiser of this
type/size. We've seen only one boat with the right design so far - Bayliner 288
(formerly 2858), but average quality of its construction makes us wish to have
more than one boat to choose from.

Can anyone suggest other flybridge cruisers of this size? Any tips will be
greatly appreciated!

WC

Donno where you are, but here on the Wet Coast there's billions of "flybridge"
(we call them Command Bridge) boats. I think it may be because we have a lot of
flotsam in the water, and getting up high makes it easier to spot. Bayliner does
seem to be the most popular, but others a Bertram, Uniflite, Monaro, Double
Eagle, Reinell (wouldn't buy one), Tollycraft (VERY nice!), and the Campion
Zeta. Some of these are pretty old and may no longer be in business, but you
might pick up a nice used one.

Here are some ads:
http://www.buysell.com/showad.asp?id=24975914
http://www.buysell.com/showad.asp?id=24975816
http://www.buysell.com/showad.asp?id=25070143

One thing: the smaller CB's (under 28 ft) had some stability issues, which may
be why you're having problems finding that style.

Good luck!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36