Glenn Ashmore

Actually the engineers at Sealand and Raritan have no objection to Sched 40
PVC. In fact Sealand recommends it over hose. Much less subject to odor
permeation. Just use short lengths of hose between the pipe and the
fixtures and tanks to handle movement.

Being located down in the bilge and behind cabinet work, if sunlight gets to
the pipe UV degradation is the least of your worries. :-)

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Skip Gundlach" writes:

I went to check it out and found that the conduit is
actually Schedule 40 grey pipe.

As far as the pipe size is concerned, correct.

Fittings are a different matter.

So, my question is, would this work for the Schedule 40 pipe

installations
in sanitary service,

Negative.

Sch 40 pipe (white PVC), ABS (Black) and sch 80 pipe (gray PVC), are rated
for sanitation service, but who in their right mind would put it on a

boat?

White PVC has no UV inhibitors and if left in the sun, will probably
fracture in less than 1 year in a place like SoCal or Fla.

Conduit and Sch 80 pipe both have UV inhibitors.

HTH

Lew