Doug Dotson

GWB can only veto a bill that has been placed before him after
being passed by the House and the Senate. No one in Congress
introduced legislation to renew the ban. I assumed that you are
American and understand how our govenment operates.
Sorry.

Doug

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
7...
What happened to GWB's power of veto? Hey, just because 60+% of the
country was against letting the ban expire, who cares, right?!? Cowbow
up!

-- Geoff

"Doug Dotson" wrote in
:

My teenagers are not teenagers anymore. Not aware that they ever
shot anyone at school. Not aware that GWB has authorized any
sales and use of automatic weapons. The assault weapons that were
banned and are now not banned are not now and never were automatic
weapons. The assault weapons ban had absolutely no affect on
crime. That is why no politician was interested in standing behind
its renewal. GWB had no power in any regard. Laws are made
by Congress, not by the President.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Lauri Tarkkonen" wrote in message
In "Doug Dotson"
writes:

You seems to like to kill people. I understand why your teenagers
have to start shooting wildly around when they get into school,
perhaps that is the only time they can do it first.

Of course a flare pistol is not a very efficient weapon if killing
the other person is the only option. I understand why GWB has to free
the sales of automatic assault rifles. You really seems to need them.

- Lauri Tarkkonen

And if you don't kill them (him, her, ?) then you might be dead.
If you settle for a knock down, then how fast and how many times
can you reload your flare pistol? You choose.

Doug

"Lauri Tarkkonen" wrote in message
In "Doug Dotson"
writes:

Cactuses (sp?) have pretty soft flesh and don't wear clothes. Might
knock
someone down but not kill them. The other options will actually
kill an attacker.
Not sure how a flare gun is better?

In many cases it might be better to just knock the attacker down,
if you kill him you might be in real deep trouble.

- Lauri Tarkkonen