Brian Whatcott

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 13:36:26 -0400, "Skip Gundlach" skip sez make this
all one word with my last name next to my first gundlach@adelphia dot
fish catcher net (sorry bout the spamtrap!) wrote:

Curiouser and curiouser...

I'm on the trail of doing an arch, and I learned that many first make
mockups with plastic PVC conduit before getting into cutting the tubing to
actually make them. I went to check it out and found that the conduit is
actually Schedule 40 grey pipe.

//
It's got lovely sweep elbows, with nipple-type (wide end to glue up to pipe
end) Street El fittings, and it's very inexpensive.

So, my question is, would this work for the Schedule 40 pipe installations
in sanitary service,

//
Is the conduit the same size as the PVC pipe, or, perhaps, is one of them an
ID and the other an OD measurement?

//
L8R

Skip and Lydia, off to work on the boat next week...

Walking around the local ACE hardware, I picked up a water elbow in 2
inch and fitted it snugly to a two inch grey electrical sch 40
conduit.

I deduce that the electrical conduit is intended for above ground use
and is sunlight resistant.
I am not sure that the plastic plumbing has much UV resistance at all.

That seems like the principal difference that jumped out at me.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK