DSK

William R. Watt wrote:
First time boatbuilders tend to like any boat they build regardless of
performance, and defend their ideosyncracies.

That's true. It's also why, in extreme cases, the builders are assumed
to be rather eccentric!

... Dingy cruisers tend to
ignore performance while praising versatility and other such advantages,
as evidenced by the many Potter's, Comapacs, Dovekies, and such. I suspect
many dingy cruising sailors are campers and wanderers first, and sailors
last.

Also very true. Anything is more fun if you can do it in a boat.
However, if you're going to be sailing anyway, why not make it fun?

Personally, I think sailing a boat is the most fun you can have with
your clothes on.

DSK