Morgan Ohlson

On 12 Oct 2004 11:49:08 GMT, William R. Watt wrote:

Rodney Myrvaagnes ) writes:

If you are not racing, it is all the more important that you _like_
the behavior of the boat you are sailing. The only way to find out
what you like is to sail, a lot.

First time boatbuilders tend to like any boat they build regardless of
performance, and defend their ideosyncracies.

Probably true.

Dingy cruisers tend to
ignore performance while praising versatility and other such advantages,
as evidenced by the many Potter's, Comapacs, Dovekies, and such.

Yes. Definitely praising versatility and other such advantages!

I suspect
many dingy cruising sailors are campers and wanderers first, and sailors
last.

In my case, yes...

But, if making The Big effort to design and buid a dinghy I will not let it
be bad in any sense since it would be a waist of time and money.

Versatile, balanced, stable, reliable, roomy...
....wich doesn't seem to outrule a fast under waterline-body.

2 x 40kg pivoting centerboards (for low D)
water ballast
outboard well
at the weight of maximum 70Kgs (empty 17½' x 6½ hull).

....some luxeries wich naturally will slow the vesell down, but not more then
nesessary.

From the beginning I thought of some skegs wich are now outruled. Only true
foiles under WL!!!

Morgan O.