RGrew176

Default 28-32' cruiser with flybridge?

Hello,

We're shopping for a 28-32' cruiser and are really attracted to a
flybridge style. To our dismay, neither Sea Ray nor Chaparral make
cruiser of this type/size. We've seen only one boat with the right
design so far - Bayliner 288 (formerly 2858), but average quality of
its construction makes us wish to have more than one boat to choose
from.

Can anyone suggest other flybridge cruisers of this size? Any tips
will be greatly appreciated!

WC

I'm not sure who out there other than Bayliner currently makes a 28' to 30'
flybridge model cruiser but someone mentioned Carver and in the late 80's thru
the early 90's they built some Santego models that were very roomy although IMO
styling left something to be desired. They are quite roomy with very adequate
storage and seem to be pretty solid. Some close boating friends of mine had an
87 27' Santego and it was a great boat for them. They moved up to a 2000 352
Silverton sedan model that they like very much. I have also seen some 30'
Santego's here on the Great Lakes they are built in Wisconsin and are very
popular in this area.

Good luck.

138 days to go..