Steve

I spent a couple of weeks at sea on an Air-X equipped sailboat this year,
and I don't recall any problems with RFI. It also was mounted on it's own
mast on the quarter and the SSB antenna was in the back stay. I have no idea
what the other details of the installation were.

"Richard Cassano" wrote in message
. ..
I have a new Air-X Marine wind generator installed aboard a sailboat. The
unit is mounted on a ten foot pole and is wired as per the instruction
manual directly to the 630 amp hour battery bank. All works great. the

wind
generator is putting out plenty of charge, however, the RFI/EMI picked up

by
the SSB radio, (Icom M-802) is extreme. The RFI noise is across all bands
and makes the radio unusable. I can shut off the Air-X with the optional
switch but I was wondering if anyone can confirm that this is a common
experience with other owners of the Air-X Marine wind generator. If so, I
will not look further for a solution. If I am the only one with this

problem
than I can assume the RFI is a result of some defect in the electronics.

One
Note: the backstay antenna is about five feet away from the wind

generator.
Thanks.