Steve

The companionway hatch is the primary routine and emergency exit
AFT and the FWD hatch is primarily for sail bags but I did make it big
enough for the largest cew member to escape through should there be an
engine or galley fire. (It is a Bowmar and I ordered it with hatch dogs
that could be operated from outside as well as inside. However it can
also be locked from the inside for dock side security.)

In response the earlier recommendations: The dingy is a ordinary
inflateable (non-RIB) but has a simi-rigid, sectional floor and still
takes up some storage space when deflated. The last time I "rolled" it
up the special "inflateable" anti foul paint caused major staining where
it contacted the inflateables topside fabric.

The total inflateable w/transom and floor boards just doesn't fit into
any reasonable bag. Much easier to stow on deck and let enough air out
so it doesn't block the view of the helmsman.

I'm really looking at this as an ultimate way to short range cruise in
local water and have the dingy ready to launch on short notice or in
each anchorage. I also plan to do some winter sailing and want the dink
available.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions