Wayne.B

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:05:07 -0400, "Jack Painter"
wrote:

Seems way too pricey for what is essentially all free information (to a
vessel that already has satellite internet connection).

That's my initial reaction also but when you stop and do the math it
might make sense. Assume you spend 10 to 15 minutes a day downloading
the information with your satellite internet connection which seems
about right in my experience. If your satphone connection is costing
anywhere from $1 to $3 per minute, $60 to $70 per month might turn out
to be a bargain. You also get the information stored in what appears
to be a very convenient format which is constantly being updated.