Jim

Did I miss something? Unless this is a rib, how about deflating it and
storing it in a bag?

Steve wrote:

In preperation for winter at the dock, I hoisted my 9.5' inflatable
onboard for the first time. It fits nicely, upside down, a couple feet
forward of the mast, only extends about a foot over the end of the cabin
truck. Still plenty of working/sail handling room at the mast and on the
foredeck. The cabin grab rails provide excellment tie downs. If I go
sailing or on future cruises, I will find a way to incorporate grab
lines into the dingy tie down arrangement.

Now for the downside: The dingy is over my secondary escape hatch (and
sail handling hatch). I intentionally installed this large hatch for
this primary and secondary purpose.

The hatches in the main cabin are too small for an adult and are really
just sky lights.

I'm trying to figure out a method or tie down "harness" arrangenmet
where I could open the fwd hatch (yes, it does open about 10" into the
dingy) and just pull a simple release knot or toggle so the dingy could
be 'cast aside' for emergency escape.

How do others deal with the dingy blocking the fwd hatch situation???

Steve

s/v Good Intentions