Calif Bill

Default Boat title transfer in California ?

You will need the signed pink slip and if there is a trailer, then pickslip
for those also. Bill of sale listing the prices for each is good. Makes it
easier at the DMV. If a trailer is included in the price, make the price
for the trailer greater and the price for the boat cheaper. California has
permanent trailer tags. $20 for 5 years. You will pay 1% of the boat value
in personal property taxes each year to the local taxman.
Bill

"Sven" wrote in message
news
We're about to complete a purchase of a used Erickson 23 tomorrow.

It is a private sale so we're wondering what legal paperwork we and the
seller need to exchange to make the ownership transfer. Since this is a
low-cost sale we're assuming that there is just a trasfer of title
similar to a transfer of a pink slip ?

Since the cost is very low we're not risking a fortune if we don't get
all the paperwork straight, but we'd like to avoid any obvious blunders.

Thanks for any insights.

-Sven

PS Yes, my e-mail address works without un-munging if a private reply
is preferred.