Skip Gundlach

Default Head trip - "Pipe down, you'se guys!" he said Archly

Curiouser and curiouser...

I'm on the trail of doing an arch, and I learned that many first make
mockups with plastic PVC conduit before getting into cutting the tubing to
actually make them. I went to check it out and found that the conduit is
actually Schedule 40 grey pipe. I can't imagine why something just to
contain electrical wire would have to be S40, but it was.

It's got lovely sweep elbows, with nipple-type (wide end to glue up to pipe
end) Street El fittings, and it's very inexpensive.

So, my question is, would this work for the Schedule 40 pipe installations
in sanitary service, as specified by the SeaLand folks (who make the
fittings to match up to them so you can get the hose on the non-pipe
section)?

Is the conduit the same size as the PVC pipe, or, perhaps, is one of them an
ID and the other an OD measurement?

Just thinking of how I might maximize my purchase and minimize my travels
:{))

L8R

Skip and Lydia, off to work on the boat next week...

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain