otnmbrd

Default Portable VHF Gift for a Friend...

Have two Horizon 460's. They are used frequently with no problems to
date (bought when units first came on the market).
I take that back, on one radio, I use the "boom mike" setup ... there is
a pivot on this so you can use either ear, which is a weak link and
breaks easily. I've devised a fix, but it's still a pain to deal with.
Also, one the other one, I use a lapel mic ..... because of it's
waterproofing, you need to just about swallow the mic when talking, to
be heard.
G Other than these items, I'm pleased with it's range and reliability,
and battery life.

otn