Larry Bradley

I know this is late, but I just got back home after spending the
summer on the boat.

I put in a Balmar 75 amp unit, with an Ample Power regulator on my
Atomic 4. I have two golf cart batteries (225 AH), and so charge at
about 55 to 60 amps max at the start of charging. I use a single 3/8
Gates HC series belt, and I change the belt every spring, just in
case. All works well, except that the drive pulley on the engine is
small compared to a modern diesel, so I have to run the engine faster
in order to get 60 amps.

I can't recall about the Bamlar regulator, but the Ample Power unit
comes with e tempoerature sensor for the BATTERY. If your battery is
anywhere near the engine (mine is right next to it), this is
important, as the charging voltage needs to reduced as battery
temperature increases.

"Jan" wrote:

Thanks for reply, my engine is only 10 HP, and I need an alternator approx.
60 amps. I have seen similar done earlier on these engines, as the flywheel
alternator is some job to maintain or change.

Jan

Larry Bradley VE3CRX
Remove "removeme" from my e-mail address for direct mail
Ottawa, Canada

(use the e-mail address above to send directly to me)