Tex Houston

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
As I stated previously, you don't seem capable of thinking abstractly.
Wal-Mart is deciding where you will shop. Think it through. Think of all
the stores that close because of Wal-Mart. Think of all the American
workers out of a decent job because of Wal-Mart. Think of the varieties
of selection diminished because of Wal-Mart.

Got it?

If a store was not competive in price, service, etc allowing a Wal*Mart to
achive a market share starting with one unit, was that store serving our
interest in the first place? If Wal*Mart leaves an opening for a competitor
due to 'not minding the store' (pun intended) a competitor will indeed
appear. You've singled out one store but the model appears in all
marketplaces. How much variety is there in an average mall?

I live in an area of about 500,000 people and still tend to buy downtown
where the stores are individual setups but why would I condemn a chain
because they saw a need and fulfilled it. Sam Walton must have satisfied a
need for someone. My first experience with them was not a good one as the
store was quite small, crowded with merchandise and not all that clean.
That store is no longer open. We did not have a store here at the time and
I wondered...is this what all the talk is about?

Tex