Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:58:33 GMT, Peggie Hall
wrote:

Terry Spragg wrote:

I empty mine by...opening the "Port / Sea" through hull valve,
closing the vent lines ball valves and then, after donning my lucky
shower cap, safety goggles, filter mask and raincoat, pressurise the
tank...

Suuuure you do, Terry...and you're always offshore at least 3 miles to
do it, too.

However, on the off-chance that you AREN'T pulling our leg, it may not
be the dumbest idea I've heard this year, but it's a contender--an
excellent way to crack a tank...or worse.

I have an old boat which came with a y-valve so the holding tank could
be bypassed. I changed that so the head always flushes into the tank.

I then put a T in the pumpout line with a bilge pump on the new branch
leading to the former dumping seacock. When over 3 miles offshore,
which is frequent for us, I just open the seacock and pump.

Shoreside pumpout works normally, holding the check valves closed in
the bilgepump.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

Does one child rape really change Strom Thurmond's lifetime record?
For better or worse?