Glenn Ashmore

Pielter systems require a very sophistocated control system to work even
slightly efficiently. You don't find that kind of control in a discount
house cooler. Even the best most efficient pielter refrigeration system
eats far more amp hours than the equivelent good old compressor/refrigerant
system.

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
The 12V cooler we had was specified to cool things 40F below
ambient. It would keep things at 50F when it was 90F outside (not
acceptable), and would freeze things when it was below 70F. Such is life
with Peltier

Doug
s/v Callista

"BSCHNAUTZ" wrote in message
about all your discount catalog houses (walmart etc) cary small coolers
that
run off 12VDC,,,they keep your stuff pretty good...but not like a true
reefer.

it's just an electric cooler, but it pretty well serves my purpose.