tony thomas

You should never have to do that.
The hull and deck are joined in one of two ways depending on your
manufacturer.
1. Rivits
2. Fiberglassed together.
The rub rail is then rivited into place and the rubber is installed.
If you do get a leak, you can just recaulk where the leak is. No need to
remove the entire rub rail.

--
Tony
My Boats and Cars
"brad" wrote in message
om...
There is a bead of sealant along side our toe rail to prevent the
water from seeping through the hull deck joint. I am assuming that
some day I will have to take the toe-rail off and re-bed the joint
with some bedding compound. Having never done this before I am looking
for recommendations on this unsettling task