Ed Price

"Jack Painter" wrote in message
news:9uT8d.7678$%t3.6816@lakeread01...
Hi Richard,

"Jack Erbes" wrote
Richard Cassano wrote:

snip All works great. the wind
generator is putting out plenty of charge, however, the RFI/EMI picked

up by
the SSB radio, (Icom M-802) is extreme.

Are there any ferrite loops on any of the wiring involved? Like on the
output leads from the charger, the power leads to the radio, and the
speaker leads on the radio?

Good point. But before you try adding RF chokes, take a portable AM radio
tuned to any non-bcst frequency (that detects the interference) and see
how
far away it is detectable. If you pick it up several feet away, that wind
generator is a real incidental radiator and no amount of chokes could ever
help. But that would be at odds with claims the manufacturer makes for
similar Air-X equipment.

Perhaps your Air-Marine instructions did not have these comments (pg 45)
on:
http://www.solarpanelsaustralia.com....irx_manual.pdf

Radio Interference
#29 What effect does radio interference have on my AIR-X?
The internal circuitry of the AIR-X is shielded and filtered to prevent
radio interference,
and has been tested to insure electro-magnetic compatibility.

I assume that statement refers to the product being tested to AS / NZS
4251.1 for EMI. Is that what the manufacturer claims? Does the manufacturer
market this product with a "C-Tick" marking, declaring compliance with the
Australian Framework requirements? If so, then what does the manufacturer
have to say about your specific interference problem (since that shouldn't
be happening if their product really is compliant).

Ed
wb6wsn