Bill Kiene

Default Portable VHF Gift for a Friend...

It seems to be ICOM over here on the west coast?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
A close friend down in Florida is buying a skiff/flats boat for inshore
fishing (Indian River lagoon area) and I can't talk him into installing
a "permanent" VHF radio with antenna. He thinks his cell phone will be
enough. So for XMAS, I plan on buying him a portable VHF as a gift.

But there are so many of them out there. I have a ICOM portable I use
(rarely) as a backup on my boats, but it is a few years old and probably
no longer in production.

Any suggestions? Since it is for a small boat, ruggedized and
water-resistance are important characteristics.

What should I buy for a good-quality VHF portable for a gift?

--
Email sent to is never read.