Wayne.B

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:07:51 GMT, Marc Auslander
wrote:
As a sailboat sailor, I can tell you that the biggest speed problem in
tight areas is neither the PCW or a planning boat like a "go fast".
Its the big motor yachts using giant engines to plow through the water
at speed that create wakes which can literally put green water over
the bow of a nearby boat.

The biggest wake I've ever seen on the water was caused by a tugboat
in a hurry although some of the fast freighters can throw up a pretty
good wall of water as well.

There ARE some legit issues with wakes but I don't think that's what
is behind these so called "Conservancy" organizations. Most of them
seem to be non-boaters who wouldn't know a large wake from Finnigan's
Wake.

The PWCs and loud go fasts get the attention of the folks on shore.