Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 00:14:53 GMT, Dan Krueger
wrote:

Where are you and what do you want to do with it? Inshore, offshore, lake,
river, etc? It all makes a big difference. Tom mention the Polars. I have
looked at the 23 and it's a great boat. The layout is outstanding. I also like
the Key West. A lot depends on where you are and your service options. I would
highly recommend a 115 or 150 4-stroke for a boat that size. The tougher the
conditions, the less power you can use. I have a 19.5' center console and can
rarely run my 115 4 stroke at WOT due to sea conditions.

You know the one thing I didn't like about the Polar, Sailfish, etc.,
style boats?

That freakin' downsweep Euro stern.

However, I share your pain with the sea conditions. I have a 20 foot
Ranger Sportfisherman CC and it's a bitch in moderate sea conditions.
You'll need new kidneys by the end of a run.

The problem is lack of trim on the engine. Even if I bury the
throttle on launch, I can't get any bow lift - the strakes are too far
back on the hull to do any real lifting. If I change the trim and it
does't move. Same effect when running.

And the thing is, I really like the boat. ;)

All the best,

Tom

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004