Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 23:07:51 GMT, Marc Auslander
wrote:

As a sailboat sailor, I can tell you that the biggest speed problem in
tight areas is neither the PCW or a planning boat like a "go fast".
Its the big motor yachts using giant engines to plow through the water
at speed that create wakes which can literally put green water over
the bow of a nearby boat. IIRC, a death was caused a few years ago in
Gardners Bay, Long Island when a small anchored boat was swamped and
overturned by such a wake. The big boys coming out of Sag Harbor are
something to behold - the arrogant b......s.

Try fishing the Westerly, RI reef when one of those mega-yachts on
their way to Newport runs up the channel from Mystic.

I've got 32 feet of center console and have almost been swamped by
some of those nimrods.

Damn furriniers....... :)

All the best,

Tom

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004