Cushie

Sailing anti-clockwise is for masochists!

I'm no masochist but did have a very good trip anticlockwise round Britain,
up N Sea and down the west of Ireland. There was a real advantage on the
East coast. The tides are say 1 hour later each day, but as we travelled
north the HW times are earlier! Therefore these two cancelled out. We left
each port/river at a comfortable time each morning, sailed with the tide,
arrived at the next river in time to catch the full flood up the river,
anchor for a pint and down the river to stay the night. It worked a treat.
There is another peculiarity off the NE coast. It is possible to catch a
contrary tide inshore during the flood (south) and the use the ebb in your
favour i.e. you always have the current with you.
We had good weather, SW wind was no problem on the east coast but a real
benefit Ireland back to the south coast (Poole)
Give a try and good luck!
--
Regards,