Vito

"Donal" wrote
It seems to me that your God is no better than the God of the Islamic
terrorists who murdered the schoolchildren of Beslan.

Well, actually it is the very same God, also shared with Jews (trumpets) The
God of Abraham!!

You may recall that Abie was a petty crook who got run out of Bahgdad -
excuse me, Ur - then married his own sister and went from town to town
running the old Badger Scam. He'd first pimp her out as his sister then
after various rich men had "gone in unto her" he threaten to get them busted
for adultery (a capital offense in those days) unless they paid off in
slaves, asses, camels, et al. He got so rich at this he had his own army
but remained a "squatter" living on others' land.

Now, according to the Book of Moses, Abie is avoiding the hot sun in his
tent door when God, the all knowing creator of the universe, comes hiking
across the sands on his way to check out a rumor that two nearby towns had
been disobeying his rules. "What if the rumors prove true?" "Then I shall
smite them into dust!" "Oy! My slums!" thinks Abie and invites God if for a
veal sandwich. While there he haggles God down from 50 to 5 bucks - excuse
me again - souls - then cannot produce them. But God has a sense of humor.
He tells Abie that he will "someday" give him and his people all the land
between the two great rivers provided -get this - they cut off the ends of
their dicks. And guess what! Their descendents are still doing it ... and
killing each other over which of the three is God's favorite bunch of
idiots.

Three? According to legend God lied so Abies heirs blew his ill gotten
gains then sold themselves as slaves and after a long odyssey ended up
murdering the inhabitants of what became Palestine and taking over, only to
be enslaved by Assyrians, Greek and Romans. During this time they hoped and
prayed for another messiah like Saul or David, who's whip Rome and put them
back in charge. Didn't happen, but a son was born to a descendent of David
and his child bride, a descendent of David's high priest, and many hoped
he'd be the one. He wasn't. But a Greek Jew named Saul had a grand mal
seizure, fell off his ass, and dreamed that this man, not Hercules, was
God's son. Yeshuah's disciples tried to stone him for this heresy but he
persisted, changed his name to Paul, and invented Christianity. Many years
later, a Mohammad stopped morning his wife and went to the equivalent of Las
Vegas to get over it. He passed out on a rock and days later woke up at home
believing he had gone to heaven and talked to God. No matter what any hippie
might think, the locals believed him and now we have Islam.

You gotta laugh and cry at the same time ...