Jack Painter

Hi Richard,

"Jack Erbes" wrote
Richard Cassano wrote:

snip All works great. the wind
generator is putting out plenty of charge, however, the RFI/EMI picked

up by
the SSB radio, (Icom M-802) is extreme.

Are there any ferrite loops on any of the wiring involved? Like on the
output leads from the charger, the power leads to the radio, and the
speaker leads on the radio?

Good point. But before you try adding RF chokes, take a portable AM radio
tuned to any non-bcst frequency (that detects the interference) and see how
far away it is detectable. If you pick it up several feet away, that wind
generator is a real incidental radiator and no amount of chokes could ever
help. But that would be at odds with claims the manufacturer makes for
similar Air-X equipment.

Perhaps your Air-Marine instructions did not have these comments (pg 45) on:
http://www.solarpanelsaustralia.com....irx_manual.pdf

Radio Interference
#29 What effect does radio interference have on my AIR-X?
The internal circuitry of the AIR-X is shielded and filtered to prevent
radio interference,
and has been tested to insure electro-magnetic compatibility.
#30 What effect does my AIR have on radio transmissions?
The AIR-X normally does not affect radio transmitters. Care should be taken,
however, to route power lines from the AIR-X away from the power and antenna
lines
of a radio transmitter. An old ham radio operator's trick is to twist
positive and
negative wires together to provide an even distribution of EMF noise across
both
wires, which serves to cancel out the electrical noise created. This
technique can be
used on the AIR-X power lines, on the radio's power lines, and on
transmission wires.
Transmission lines should always be kept as far from power lines as is
practically
possible. Proper grounding of the AIR-X and other system components must
also be
observed.
#31 Will it affect the regulation of my AIR-X to install an RF (radio
frequency) filter?
An RF filter should not affect the regulation of the AIR-X, but any
electronic devices
placed in line with the turbine must be rated for the proper current and
voltage. It is
best to place any line filters on the power lines for the load device
(transmitter) that
requires it, and as close to the device as possible.
--
Contact the manufacturer if your unit is a real radiator, they should
replace it.

Jack Painter
Virginia Beach VA