Frank Taylor, Jr.

Default Power steering leak

My boat has a 5.7 Volvo Penta engine (GM block) and I have a leak in the
power steering system that I cannot seem to find. I can tell that it is
coming from somewhere on the pump itself but I do not think it is from any
of the connections.

There are two hoses that connect into the pump. One is a copper hose that
has a screw type connnector and the other is a rubber hose that has a clamp
style connector on it.

Neither of the hoses seems to be the cause of the leak because they do not
have any fluid on the outside from what I can tell. However, the bottom of
the pump itself does have fluid on it. If I dry it off and go out o the
lake for a short run, it becomes wet with fluid again.

The unit itself seems to be sealed so I can't imagine where it is coming
from but maybe I'm wrong. Is there a sure fire way to tell where it is
coming from??

any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Frank Taylor, Jr.
BSMET/MSM/MCNE/MCNI/CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/MCP/A+/CIP/CNS
Consulting Partner - Zen Technology, Inc.
Authorized Cisco Reseller
Authorized Novell Partner

KG4QZZ - HAM Radio
Vessel Safety Chairman - Atlanta Sail and Power Squadron
Skipper of Cruiser "Miss Vonn" Aqualand Marina Slip N-27

Remember: In order to excel at something, you must first learn to enjoy
doing it badly.