Doug Dotson

Glenn,

All of our cabinets have cane fronts. They have held up very well over
5 years of sailing and a year of full-time cruising. Our's is the
traditional octagonal pattern. You can see some pics at
www.panoceanic.net

Doug
s/v Callista

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I am back on some fun stuff now that the weather has eased off. Interior
cabinet work. I need to make a lot of cabinet doors and with ventelation
in
mind am thinking about using pre-woven chair caning. Anyone have any
experience with how long it will last with things in the cabinet bumping
into it? I am leaning towards a herringbone pattern rather than the
traditional octagonal holes.