P.C. Ford

On 5 Oct 2004 13:11:35 -0700, (Bermaq) wrote:

Does anyone know how I could go about getting a set of plans desined
by John Hacker in the early 50s? I am restoring a 1963 utility that
was built from a set of purchased plans. I actually saw the set of
plans that were used but they are in very poor shape. I'd like to
have a fresh set.

I am guessing but I have speedboat restoration for about 25 years so
maybe this might hold some water.

Hacker's plans and the name Hacker and Hackercraft have been bought
and sold many times over the years. In other words, there is no single
archive of plans like there is with Chris stuff.

I would guess that your chances of finding the plans are slim to none.

If you have seen a old copy, it might be possible to clean up that
copy digitally.

Finally, it really is not necessary to have plans. In 25 years of
doing this stuff, I had to order plans only once. And that was when
the entire deck of a Chris had been removed and a cowboyed replacement
installed. Otherwise you just replace what is there.