Morgan Ohlson

On 5 Oct 2004 15:02:40 GMT, William R. Watt wrote:

Morgan Ohlson ) writes:

If I get the feeling that I can't get far enough with Teale's Book, wich one
do you consider to be the best complement?

I got started with TF Jones "Boats to Go" (1990?). Not racers but, light
displacement daysailers, canoes, kayaks, garveys, that "go fsst with low
power". Builds mostly in plywood. Leans toward classic desings.

Some yeras ago a collegue of mine said:
"- Some read all books, others read a few ten times each and consentrate on
developing the feeling for it."

A book can only give a few facts and formulas. The undertanding and feeling
is up to the reader.

There's no one book covering all you need to
know on dingy design.

What do a designer need...and what is preferred?

Do anyone know everything?

Morgan O.