Calif Bill

Default U.S. debt spinning out of control

Yes, this administration is spending too much. But since there was a
recession starting when this administration took office, and we had a major
terror attack, I would say that the national debt should go up some. But
where were the complaints during the good times since Viet Nam and the Cold
War ended and the "Peace Dividend" and the National Debt was escalating
also. Clinton overspent the first 2 years of his administration and would
have done it for the next 6 years also. But the one good thing about that
time was the Newt Gingrich "Contract With America" and the new members
(Republican) of Congress stopped the over spending for at least 2 years.
The rest of the balanced budget was smoke and mirrors. The new Medicare
Bill is theft in the extreme from our children and grandchildren. I am 5
years from Medicare, and I will get some of the benefits, but at what cost?
Bill

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Or you think the debt
has *only* increased by 3/4 trillion this year?

As of about 60 days ago, it had *only* increased a half trillion in the
previous year.

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

This magnanimous effort by the U.S. to rid the world of terrorism and the
efforts they do for world relief of starvation and disease, these efforts
should not be on the backs of the U.S. taxpayers.

We knew full well when we launched our last military adventure into Iraq

that
the overwhelming majority of the world, most of
our allies, and the major portion of the UN opposed the idea. Why do we

expect
them to step in now and pick up the cost?