Steve

Default Parking Fees

I'm not in favor of excesively high fees to when the money doesn't got to
the agency that operates the facilities..

However, if there is only a limited number of parking spots at a launch ramp
then there has to be someway to keep boat owners from leaving their trailer
and truck for long periods of time.. One way is to set time limits, the
other is to charge a fee that is high enough to encourage the boater to have
someone take the trailer home while he is on the water for a week.. Could
you imagine the problems a the Marina Del Ray ramp if their wasn't a time
limit or high fee..

Then of course, I'm apposed to parking fees for overnight parking when I
already have a annual parking permit (which has now been defined as 'Day
Use'. Doesn't say anything like that on the pass.). In addition, I am
already paying for mooring my boat at a state mooring.. Do the guys in the
RV park have to pay an extra $10 for their car? I don't think so.

please excuse the Venting..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions