Garth Almgren

On 10/3/2004 7:02 PM, JAXAshby wrote:

The nice thing with chain is that the rode *itself* is dead weight. You
can use less scope with an all chain rode than with a mixed or pure
nylon rode.

bull****.

Nope, that's the plain truth. On my honor as an Eagle Scout.

what an abjectly stupid thing to post.

Let's try a simple little experiment: Find yourself a length of chain,
say about 6'.
You *do* know what chain looks like, right? (Hint: A series of links,
usually of made out of metal)

OK. Lift a couple links off the ground, and notice that it feels fairly
light.
Now, lift about half the chain off the ground. A bit heavier, isn't it?
Now, lift the whole thing off the ground. Pretty darn heavy, isn't it?

Like I said, it is it's own dead weight. Plain and simple.
If you deny that, you might as well deny that the sine of pi is 0 or
that the earth isn't flat.

dumb cluck, have you ANY idea what an anchor is?

Clearly more so than you.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing