Morgan Ohlson

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:20:53 GMT, Brian Whatcott wrote:

Hmmm...let's see: he wants a book on daysailer/dinghy design:

Is that description like a racing dinghy? No, I don't think so.
Or a cruising dinghy? Can't go far in a day, I don't suppose.
Or a pleasure sailing dinghy? As that's the only category left
- I guess that most be it, wouldn't you think?

Brian W

On 3 Oct 2004 19:39:20 GMT, (William R.
Watt) wrote:
racing dingy, cruising dingy, or pleasure sailing dingy?

No, but there is a better answer, I think...

The formulas are the same, as well as the process itself. A seaworthy dinghy
may also be slow, but both aspects apply, but in different perspektives.

So, basicly a good handbook on design should deal with different goals.
Isn't that the essence of design?

I'm not looking for instant plans.

Morgan