Gould 0738

I'm not sure it's our system or us. Our forefathers warned of the tyranny
of a party system. We have allowed our politicians to serve their "party"
rather than serve us. It is our own fault. In any event, I wouldn't
change the system. It has provided a heritage and stability that has
carried us through trying times. The benefits of that continuity can not
be disregarded.

I've been wondering if it isn't time to amend the constitution. Give the POTUS
a single, six-year term and then he's outa there.
The VP could succeed him.

What a refreshing change it would be to have a president dong his best to live
up to his campaign promises during his term, rather than barely getting
anything off the ground in the first four years so we feel like we are
compelled to send him back for a second four so he can finish up. Imagine,
a president spending six years administering the executive branch instead of
four years "running" for reelection.